Build Your Organization’s Endowment Fund
An Organizational Endowment Fund builds permanent financial resources for a selected nonprofit. Nearly 100 nonprofits have endowments based at The Philadelphia Foundation.
Benefits Of Placing A Nonprofit Endowment With Us
Included services are:
- Greater fiscal efficiencies, a diversified asset allocation strategy and lower investment expenses than nonprofits typically receive on their own.
- Free setup of complex planned giving tools such as Charitable Gift Annuities that can be used by donors to build endowments.
- Inclusion in our audits and tax filing, sparing the nonprofit from any additional tax filing.
- The security of placing the nonprofit’s financial resources with investment professionals who have secured and grown endowment funds since 1918.
Each year our Organizational Endowment Funds support civic, religious, health, environmental and human service organizations as well as local chapters of national nonprofits. This frees the nonprofits to focus on their missions rather than spending time on accounting or tracking investments.
The Grumblethorpe Fund supports a Colonial-era estate managed by the Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks. Read more.
Philadelphia Young Playwrights’ Endowment Fund supports the development of student creativity, problem-solving skills and self-esteem through playwriting. Read more.
The German Society of Philadelphia Endowment Fund supports the German Society, furthers the understanding of German and German-American contributions to American history and culture.
We provide all nonprofits whose endowments we build with:
- Quarterly statements
- Customized accounting
- Personalized gift acknowledgements and tax receipts for donors
- Ability to receive secure online contributions
- Pledge maintenance and reminders
- Automatic annual disbursements
Want to know other nonprofits that have an endowment with us? Read more. (PDF)
When a donor wants to make a complex gift to sustain one of our nonprofit endowments, we provide custom expertise to make the process easy.
We also regularly communicate with our nonprofit endowment fund-holders to share useful resources and to provide specialized training and exclusive opportunities.